Veteran Employment Services
Assistance Developing Long and Short Term Cohesive Plans/Goals
Federal Resume/Application Procedures, Career Assistance
Job Placement Opportunities
Workforce transition planning is based upon case managers’ recommendations, in consultation with responsible agencies (VA, Alabama Vocational Rehab, DOL, etc.). Case managers provide guidance in career decision/development and volunteer affiliated partner matching. A Workforce Transition Course of Action (COA) plan is developed, executed, and revised (as necessary) to ensure individual needs are being met.
SSV serves as a clearing house, referring veterans to a broad spectrum of capabilities in a variety of support organizations. The SSV case manager represents the Veteran's interest to the support organizations. SSV case managers earn the confidence of the Veteran and family.
KEYS TO SUCCESS
- Caring, knowledgeable case managers doing personal individual assessments and follow up
- Proactive counseling, guidance and coaching
- Bridging the gaps/connecting the dots between Veterans and existing support services
- Orchestrating and leveraging already existing Federal and State support
- Optimizing communications with other agencies (VA, TRICARE, OSD, DOL)
- Facilitating good decisions, stress reduction and counseling Veterans on what to expect
- Orchestrating the entire process more efficiently
*Please note that you MUST schedule an appointment in order to meet with a case manager.
Still Serving Veterans has two offices to serve you:
North Alabama/Huntsville: (256) 883-7054
East Alabama/Phenix City and Fort Benning: (334) 384-9111